Afternoon Fire In Glasgow

By: 
Lisa Perry

Five fire departments responded to a structure fire on Rockbridge Road in Glasgow shortly after 2 p.m. Tuesday. The house, owned by Ted Slayton, was declared a total loss after Slayton reported to authorities on the scene that he accidentally spilled kerosene while refilling a heater, which ignited, causing the blaze. The house was included in the Glasgow Historic District and was under renovation. No injuries were reported. (Carolyn Bradley photos)

Category:

The News-Gazette

The News-Gazette Corp.
P.O. Box 1153
Lexington, VA 24450
(540) 463-3113

Email Us

Facebook Twitter

Please Login for Premium Content