Fairfield Elementary Briefly Evacuated

Darryl Woodson

9:30 a.m. Monday - Fairfield Elementary School students and staff were briefly evacuated this morning due to smoke caused by a compressor malfunction.

All students and staff are safe and back in the building, according to a county school spokesman. They have resumed their regular school schedule.


The News-Gazette

The News-Gazette Corp.
P.O. Box 1153
Lexington, VA 24450
(540) 463-3113

Email Us

Facebook Twitter

Please Login for Premium Content